How To Prepare for your appointment:
Arrive healthy, with clean, well hydrated skin. NO irritated/injured (sunburn, cold sore, eczema or psoriasis, etc) skin or illness (cold, flu, unwell in general).
Please follow the guidelines before your appointment
- No tanning 4 weeks prior to appointment.
- No Latisse/lash serums 6 weeks prior for liner/lash enhancement appointments.
- Discontinue use of Retin-A/Renova/Glycolics 6 weeks prior to appointment.
- Discontinue use of Accutane for at least 6 months prior to appointment.
- 48 hours prior to your appointment, DO NOT TAKE BLOOD THINNERS such as Advil, Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Niacin, Fish Oil (Omegas) or Vitamin E (unless medically necessary).
- Botox and fillers should be done 2 weeks before or 4 weeks after the procedure.
- Get a prescription for Zovirax or Valtrex from your primary care physician if you have ever had (even 1) fever blister. Start taking 3 days prior to lip procedure & finish full dose.
- Be prepared for your skin to look red and your permanent makeup to be DARK! – Don’t worry, the color will fade 30-50%. Lips tend to be extremely dark after treatment and will heal much lighter. Liner tends to be the truest to healed color immediately after treatment.
- Tylenol/Ibuprofen is OK to take day of procedure for pain management.
- Be conservative with caffeine and alcohol use for 48 hours prior to appointment to reduce risk of sensitivity and excessive bleeding.
- Arnica tablets are very helpful in healing and diminishing swelling and bruising. It is recommended to start taking them (per instructions on bottle) 24 hours prior to eyeliner and lip treatments and continue taking them until swelling and/or bruising is no longer present.
Contraindications for PMU:
- History of Keloids/Hypertrophic Scarring
- Skin Irritations/Psoriasis on/around Area (Rashes, Sunburn, Acne, etc.)
- Sick (Cold, Flu, etc.)
- Accutane (Within 6 Months)
- Any treatment, medication, or illness that compromises the immune system / healing. This would compromise your results and may make you a poor candidate for PMU.
- Botox within 2 weeks of appointment.
Doctor’s Clearance Needed:
- Pacemaker/Major Heart Problems
- Organ Transplant
- Heart conditions, Uncontrolled High Blood Pressure, Poor Health..